Monday, February 20, 2012

EDUC 6164 - Final Blog

1. One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds:

A hope that I have in terms of working with children and families from diverse background is that I can be more cognizant of, and embrace the differences among us. I would like for the discussion of diversity to be open, honest, and respectful. Without being able to speak of our differences, we will continue to hold on to the things that make us different from one another which will result in a permanent divide among us.

2. One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice:

A goal that I have set professionally is to implement more of an anti-bias curriculum in my classroom. Although I try to already, I have learned of several ways in which to promote differences. One specific goal within this general area is to encourage parents to visit the classroom to discuss their family culture with the students.


3. A brief note of thanks to your colleagues.

I want to take a moment to extend my gratitude to my fellow classmates for all of their insightful blog and discussion board posts. I have been thankful for the many perspectives that each of you has provided me, especially on some difficult topics that we have tackled within our course. I wish each of you the best of luck with all of your future endeavors.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Beki,
    Implementing more of an anti-bias curriculum is a great goal. I have many ideas that I wish to try when I return to work. Thanks for all of your great posts. Your discussion postings and blogs are always well written.
    All the best in your future studies.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete